Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I use office outlook. A friend recently sent me their

Customer Question

Hi there,
I use office outlook. A friend recently sent me their calendar and unfortunately it has completely wiped mine. I have all my emails still but no items on my calendar. When I try to view any of my calendars I get the error message; 'The set of folders cannot be opened. The information store could not be opened.' Any idea how I can restore my calendar it has my work schedule on it
Category: Software
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

Please try these steps and let me know how it goes :-

STEP 1

Make sure the Microsoft Outlook application is not open or currently running.

STEP 2

Open the Start menu and click on the "Run" icon.

STEP 3

Type "outlook /cleanreminders" into the dialog box that appears and then hit the "OK" button.

STEP 4

Open the "Run" dialog box again.

STEP 5

Type "outlook /resetfolders" into the box and hit "OK."

STEP 6

Relaunch the Microsoft Outlook program. Your calendar information will now be repaired and recovered

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi, there is no "Run" in my start menu.
I did a search for "Run" and a program and dialogue box came up and I typed in "outlook/cleanreminders" however it just said 'window couldn't find "outlook/cleanreminders and I should check I've entered name correctly"

You can press window key+R and then type "outlook /cleanreminders" (without quotes) to do it.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks. Windows key+R opened the same dialogue box I managed to find before. Again when I typed in "outlook/cleanreminders" it said "windows could not find outlook reminders. Please check you have entered name correctly." I then noticed you have a space in between "outlook" and "/" (outlook /cleanreminders). When I enter it with the space all that happens is outlook opens. I then closed outlook and entered "outlook /resetfolders". Outlook simply just opens again.

Actually, It does clean the meeting in the background so you would simply see that outlook has opened by itself. Did anything changed after doing that ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No, nothing changed. My calendar is still lost

It seems like we do not have any other way to get it back.Unfortunately we have lost it.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you anyway

Thank you !. Would you like to rate me ? or Do you need any help with refund ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I would like refund, your help would be appreciated.