Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years

My toolbar is gone. My photoshop cs6 is not acting as it did

Customer Question

My toolbar is gone. My photoshop cs6 is not acting as it did 5 minutes ago. I'm used to this version of photoshop. I bought it. what's up? I have work to do and the whole thing is galupy!
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 27 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

In order to help you, I need to know what operating system you have on your device. Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8.1, 10, or do you have a Mac?

And what toolbar is gone? Within photoshop itself?

Please leave details of the differences you are noticing.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
mac 10.11.6
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I don't see you. Where are you Isaac?

I am here. I am gathering your info now. I am sending a remote session to do this for you

or we can continue and i send directions here written for you. ONLY click accept on remote offer i send

if you want me to log in to your mac while you watch what we do together. If you just want written support

just ignore offer. I believe the automated remote offer is why you stated okay?

How would you like to proceed?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
My toolbar displaying the tools used to create images i.e. Brush, color, etc. It is on the left side is screen. Now not there.

Okay, if you are able to follow this path written, look at the article below. We have to delete out those

files in your mac and when you open Photoshop again, it should 'reset' and bring your toolbar back unless

we need to dig deeper.

In Finder, select Go to Folder... from the Go menu. Enter ~/Library into the box that opens. The user Library folder will open. You'll find the files you are looking for in the Preferences folder.

You want to delete out the preferences for your photoshop. I am sending you a video of two ways to do this.

Let me know if you get stuck. And i will help you.

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Can't get into that utube address. The procedure did not work on my CS6 anyway.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Still no tools available.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 27 days ago.

Hi Joanne,

Do you still need help with this problem? My name is ***** ***** please allow me to help you with this if you still need assistance.

Please let me know by replying to me here.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
No thank you. It just didn't work. Maybe I have to upgrade my Photoshop.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 27 days ago.

Thank you for writing back. I respect your decision. But I believe there is no need to upgrade. If you allow me to remotely access your computer, I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch on your screen.

Thank you for using our service.

Best regards,