Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I am a computer novice, some how my Asus desktop screen is

Customer Question

I am a computer novice, some how my Asus desktop screen is sideways? I would greatly appreciate it if you can help me restore it back to upright position as soon as possible. Any & all help will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks. I'm using my iPad to ask you this?, btw
Category: Software
Expert:  technicalcat replied 8 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

I will help you now.

What is the MODEL of this computer?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Asus
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm just finishing your company's phone survey
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello , I am using my IPad to interact with you , because of screen position
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I hate to bother you, but are we still connected?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.

Hi Kathleen, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today. I have noticed that my fellow expert have not responded to you anymore. Please allow me to help you with this problem.

The very first option here is to use the key combination since it will be the fastest since your screen is already sideways. Please try these steps:

1. Press Ctrl key and hold
  2. Press the ALT key and hold
  3. Then press the UP arrow key and then release the 3 keys
  4. See if it will revert the screen display to normal.

If the key combination did not work, please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.

If the key combination did not fix the problem, then you need to change the display using the Windows settings. Unfortunately, this includes struggling to use the computer with the sideways screen, in order to revert it to normal. Here are the steps:

1. Right click on the vacant area of the desktop screen
  2. Then in the context menu that appears, click on Display Settings
  3. In the dialog box that appears, look under "Orientation". It will be showing there as "Portrait". Please click on the box containing Portrait to reveal the other options.
  4. Then select "Landscape"
  5. Click on the APPLY button

That should fix your display problem. It could be very hard to follow the steps already since the screen is sideways, but after following the steps I outlined, your screen should be fixed.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess