Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I am trying to package an Adobe Indesign file that I have

Customer Question

I am trying to package an Adobe Indesign file that I have created in InDesign CS6. Packaging fails with a message that reads "Cannot copy necessary linked files(s). However, the links are all there. I am able to generate a pdf from the InDesign file, so why does packaging fail?
Category: Software
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

Hi Geoff, how are you?

Check to make sure you have sufficient space and permissions in the folder you're creating the package and try to make it in a folder separate to the one with the original files.

Once you've done that, check the files and make sure none of them have forward slashes (/) as they tend to cause this problem as well.

Let me know how you go and if you still need help I can connect remotely and help you directly.