Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  12+ years experience. Expert in installing and problem fixing of softwares.

Chrome on my new computer does not display correctly, even

Customer Question

Chrome on my new computer does not display correctly, even though I'm using same monitor and cables as my old computer.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Software
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I use and only want to use Chrome.
I just bought a new computer.
When I view a page in Chrome, any time the page has horizontal or vertical lines (e.g. Google Sheets), some of the lines show up, some are faint and some are invisible. (Zoom is at 100%, and I've tried others as well)
When I open the same page in IE,it shows fine.
I used Chrome on my old computer with this same monitor, it worked fine.
[monitor is 1080p][GeForce 950][don't ask to remote]You can see in this photo taken with my smartphone, that even across two different windows, the line still follow the same patter in invisibility. (thought the camera doesn't show well the large difference in visibility of the lines, it at least gives you an idea.)
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and Thank You for choosing
My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now, please stand by for 1 or 2 minute for reply.

Okay, your ZOOM level might be out of whack.

You want to set your Browser Zoom level to 100%, and then adjust from there.

a Lower percetage ( say 50%), will cause the text on screen (on the browser only) to be MUCH smaller. And the opposite is true. If the Zoom level is a higher percent (say 175%) then the text on screen in the browser will appear Larger.

So. reseting your browser zoom level shoudl fix this issue.

Or, we can do a remote session so i can investigate further.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You did NOT read the question.
Please read the question or you will be banned from JustAnswer.

Bye now.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
MODERATOR, please ban this expert.
He repeatedly tarnishes the reputation of JustAnswer by refusing to read the question posted and instead spams users with fluff and irrelevant responses in an effort to make an easy buck.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

Hi. I took a look at the picture you posted and see what you mean about the quality of the display.

Given that the only thing different in this scenario is the new computer, I

suspect the graphics adapter is causing this.

What is the brand and model of the computer?

There may be an updated drive available that will fix this

or if not this may just take a settings change.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sure. it's an EVGA brand Nvidia GeForce 950.
I have downloaded and installed the latest driver software specifically for this card, directly from nvidia.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ASUS motherboard
Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

Thanks. Open up the Nvidia controls and try adjusting settings there?

If you've got the latest driver that would be the only thing I can think of to try other

than doing the same with your TV/monitor settings.

After looking at the picture you sent I'm thinking the Contrast needs a little adjusting.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi, I tried all the settings in the nvidia control panel, and windows control panel.
I wouldn't think it's contrast on the monitor, because the older computer displayed fine on it, and other browsers of this computer are currently displaying fine on it.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Here is another picture, with chrome on left and IE on right.
In photo, the invisible lines actually show up a little (you can see them as faint), but you can at least see they vary greatly from invisible to bold.
This makes working in sheets, or viewing any web page with lines, almost impossible, because scrolling creates a psychedelic effect that hurts the eyes and almost triggers my seizure.
(I took it on angle so the refresh interference does not get in the way of you seeing the lines issue)
Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

Is that Google sheets you're using?

Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

Go to this page:

Use the Autodetect button at the bottom and see if it recommends a different driver.

Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

Would sheets be easier to use if they looked like this (see attachment)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
google sheets is the page I used to show the difference between the two browsers, but the issue exists on all web pages.
Also, maybe you didn't see my message, but I already did the driver step you mentioned.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

Since this is only happening in Chrome, have you tried resetting Chrome to see if that corrects it?

Click the 3 little dots in the upper right corner and select Settings.

Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Show Advanced Settings.

Scroll to the bottom again and select Reset Settings.

Google also has this available:

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok, I tried the reset of chrome, but the issue persists.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

Do you have another monitor, preferably a different brand, that you could hook up to the PC

to see if it does the same thing in Chrome. I'm at real loss here as to why it looks the way it does.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
connected different monitor (ASUS) with same resolution, and same issue on that one too when viewing pages with Chrome.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

I give up. I don't know what's causing this.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK, please pass the question to a different expert.
Thanks for trying.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

Will do.

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 month ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.

It seems you are offline. I need to go now. Please try the following and let me know the result.

1) Type chrome://flags in URL bar and press Enter

2) Locate the entry Composited render layer borders

3) Make sure it is set to "Enable"

4) Restart Chrome and then check the result.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that did not work.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It was already enabled.)
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
MODERATOR.. close this question.