GeekGal
GeekGal, Software Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years Experience in IT
76665483

Cannot connect with Netflix - screen continues to read

Customer Question

Cannot connect with Netflix - screen continues to read "problem connecting with Netflix, try again." Diana Barrow
Category: Software
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Hi Diana. My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. I will do my best to help you.

When your TV’s internet apps are not working the first thing you want to do is use the TV’s built in tools to determine what is causing the problem.

How To Test Your TV’s Network Connection

1. Press the menu button on your Vizio TV remote.
  2. Go to “Network” and press the OK button on the remote.
  3. Go to “Test Connection” and press OK.

Doing this brings up information about the TV’s internet connection.

The first thing you want to do is verify that the TV is actually connected to your WiFi network. Does this page say it’s connected to your Wi-Fi network. If it doesn’t then the TV isn’t connected to the network yet. Go back to the network settings page, highlight your Wi-Fi network name, then press the OK button. You might have to type your Wi-Fi password ***** After you do this try using your apps or select “Test Connection” again.

If the TV does say it’s connected to your Wi-Fi network look for the Download section on this page. This is where the speed of the TV’s internet connection is displayed. Ideally you want the download speed to say 1000 Kbps (or 1 Mbps) or higher. If you do have a download speed of 1000 kbps or higher then your internet app problems are caused by something other than a network connection issue.

If you are not connected to the internet, try resetting your wireless router ( or if you have 2 separate device, a modem and a router, reset both). This is easily done by disconnecting power from the device(s) waiting a few seconds and then plugging them back in. Give them a full 3 minutes to fully connect to internet and establish network connections, then try again to access Netflix on your tv.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting. Thank you!