Jason Fenoglio
Jason Fenoglio, Sr. Systems Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems Engineer
94203781

I am having difficulty configuring Server 2012 in a virtual

Customer Question

I am having difficulty configuring Server 2012 in a virtual environment with a Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 client. within Oracle Virtualbox. I have used a bridged ethernet adapter. One of my clients is pinging from the server but I cannot add the client to the domain. I beleive the issue may be the dns config but I need some expert help to resolve this. Dont bother contacting me if you are unwilling to remote on
Category: Software
Expert:  Jason Fenoglio replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Give me a few minutes to look over your question and I will respond shortly.

Have you set the DNS configuration on the Windows 7 or 8 clients to point to the IP of the Windows Server 2012 server? If it is not configured in your DHCP configuration, it will need to be setup that way manually.