Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years

I need help finding a software program that would enable me

Customer Question

I need help finding a software program that would enable me to create pictures, various images of the typical home, comic strips, etc. using my voice recognition software from DragonDictate Or Nuance software.I have a physical handicap and not able to operate a mouse and computer keyboard very well, if not at all. years ago I tried to use a trackball to maneuver the mouse and the cursor but could not in any detail or accuracy.Please let me know if you are aware of software and adaptive devices that would help me to express myself in a more creative and artistic way via the computer.Thank You
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I am undertaking a search for that sort of software (or some non-manual guidance system that uses voice control, or something you could use.) I find this question quite interesting and challenging.

Expect another posting to this question either within 1 1/2 hours, or tomorrow morning near noon.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please do your best. I've looked myself but had no luck finding software program to help me drawl and create posters, calendars, etc. etc.. Hopefully you'll have more success with your familiarity in this field.I considered cutting and pasting then assembling miscellaneous images found on the Internet to create a comic strip, calendar, etc. but had no luck.Thanks.

I have also searched for a while.

The closest I can find is this:

but it is not for-sale, but in-development.

A long time ago, I knew of a graphics-composing application for PC, that could work with only keyboard keys... but, it was for DOS PC, not Windows PC, so it wouldn't work without a DOS emulator, and I don't think it is available anymore.

I regret having come up with nothing better on this question.

If you have any thoughts that could lead to other solutions, let me know, and I will renew the search.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I appreciate the effort. I'll keep on looking though.

Another Expert here might have another idea on this, other than what I turned up and know about. So to give you another chance at a good answer to your question - if there is one - I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts in this category.

If and when another Expert takes up the case, you ought to receive a notification email, so there's no need to wait around, as it were, but just checking your email occasionally would be enough.

And I'm not cutting off communication - you can still get in touch with me, and I will see any further postings of yours to this case.

Thank you for following the process thus far.

Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Perhaps I can assist you with this?

Could you provide just a bit more detail about what you want the software to do for you?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm looking for software that will help me draw. Draw figures, any variety of scenes, even comic strips with the computer. I haven't found any programs or adaptations that would help me.I have a physical handicap. My arms have limited movement and have no function in my hands or fingers. A tracking ball was tried, but that wasn't physically manageable.As a result, my search has been for voice recognition program to help one draw. This seems to be my only option, but am open to other approaches.Thank You. I appreciate your assistance.