Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  12+ years experience. Expert in installing and problem fixing of softwares.
50064670

I'm using InDesign CC 2015.4 Release 11.4.1.102 x64 Build I

Customer Question

I'm using InDesign CC 2015.4 Release
11.4.1.102 x64 Build
I just updated InDesign
Problem:
The Object Export Options menu in the above version does not display "Custom Rasterization" as a checkable option.
Where "Rasterization" should be there is the line, "epub:type" with a drop down menu.
Both your online tutorial and your Adobe InDesign CC Classroom In A Book display the menu with the Rasterization option.
I have screen a shot and a scan of the Object Export Options menu I can send you: one from the tutorial and one from the software I'm using.
John McCarty ***@******.***
Category: Software
Expert:  technicalcat replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

I will help you now.

Are you running on a Mac or PC (Windows)?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
PC
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello, Are we still conected?

Yes, I had sent you an offer for remote, so I could connect directly to your computer and work on this . If you'd like to continue with just Q&A , then please standby for troubleshooting. thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you saying that in addition to the $48 I've already obligated myself to you want an additional $39 to remote access my computer?

Remote services are premium services which would allow me to connect to your computer and fix while you watch and communicate with me. There is an additional fee for that. I can also work with you with just Q&A. It just may take longer and be more involved as I'll need to Q&A with you instead of working on the computer and software directly.

Are you exporting this document to an EPUB format?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do not won't to pay additional monies. I don't want your "Remote" services.
Start asking your questions.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm attempting to export using EPUB and HTML option on the Object Export Options Menu.
I have a screen capture of the two diff Object Export Options menu if you want me to send them to you.

I'm sorry, as I am out of ideas on how to help you with this issue. I will opt your question out to other experts for review. Another expert will be with you soon.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've added the two differing menus
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 2 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

First of all please rest the Indesign preferences. Close and relaunch InDesign, and IMMEDIATELY hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift and respond in the affirmative to the dialog asking if you really want to replace the preferences. you must be extremely fast on the keyboard (if you don’t see the confirmation prompt, you were too slow).

After resetting the preferences check again. If it is not there, from the Preserve Appearance From Layout drop down menu, try to change Default to Custom or to some another options and and then try to edit the Rasterization settings.

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Jins,
I did as you instructed and was successful in resetting Preferences on InDesign startup.
The Object Export Options menu (OEO) was unchanged. See Less 15 Object Exp Options Menu_2.jpg.
In the "Use Existing Image for Graphic Object" option I do not have access to lower part of menu. See jpg file by that name.
Selecting "Rasterize Content" or "Rasterize Container" allows me access to options in lower part of menu. See jpg files by these names.As stated at the start of this session I am using the book, Adobe InDesign CC Classroom In A Book. I have several other tutorial books from different authors on learning InDesign. All sources show the OEO menu with the Rasterize check box at its top.Under "Preserve Appearance From Layout:" drop down menu I only have 4 choices. They are: Default; Use Existing Image For Graphics; Rasterize Container; and Raterize Content.My question now is why do I "not have" the cited/displayed OEO menu as shown in all of the official instructions (books or Adobe's online video tutorial) and where would I find instructions for the OEO menu that I do have?This Sunday in the USA and I'll be out of pocket for next 10-12 hours from the time date (6:20 am CST) of this communication.
I look forward to a successful resolution to my issues.John McCarty***@******.***

Hi John, InDesign CC 2015.4 (11.4): is the latest version of Indesign from Adobe which published on 20th June 2016. The tutorials available on internet is based on previous versions and that is why you can't see the menu as on your system on those tutorials. So wait for a tutorial which exclusively handling InDesign CC 2015.4 or go with current tutorials and discover the minor changes and additions in the new version of indesign yourself.

Now please rate my service with a positive feedback, then only I will get paid for my time and efforts. A good bonus will make me more happy. Always remember us when you need any assistance again.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Jins,
Please confirm my understanding of you last message to me (18 September 2016 10:14).Adobe published an InDesign upgrade June 2016. I have the latest upgrade. Adobe does not have documentation for the changes in their latest upgrade. Your telling me to wait until Adobe provides documentation for the upgrade changes and/or experiment with the new user interface on my own until such documentation is provided.Do you know how soon Adobe plans to provide documentation for the new changes in this latest upgrade ?John

The documentation with the new product have information about major changes and additional facilities. It may not have minor changes in menus and windows. A complete tutorial particularly explains the latest version have such changes addresses. Tutorial on Lynda is just the previous version and so you can't see the menus and windows as on your version. So you need to wait for the tutorial which exclusively handles your version of Indesign. If you have anything to know more about the latest version of Indesign, you can contact Adobe support by clicking here.

Regards

Jins