I'm sorry about the issue. What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.?
What's your Microsoft Office / Outlook version, such as 2010, 2013, 2016, etc.?
What settings have you tried?
Please let me know. Thank you,
Don't know what email, just that it is an IMAP account.
I copied settings from a computed on which Outlook is working:
Thank you. So you use hostgator for email service. It looks like you are using the wrong port numbers.
- Can you please make sure you use periods for the incoming / outgoing server (not commas):
- Can you please use port number 993 for IMAP incoming port and use 465 for SMTP Outgoing port?
- If needed, what does your email address end with, after the character @, like @yahoo.com?
Thank you. Actually, I am using the port numbers you listed - I typed them incorrectly when I first sent them to you. I've double check and AM using periods, not commas. Email address is***@******.***.
Sorry, can you try the incoming / outgoing serve below:
Tried it - same result.
Sorry, can you shut down / restart the computer, and try the exact settings from another computer again? (Make sure the internet is working on the new computer.)
- If needed, disable your antivirus / security / firewall program, if any, temporarily, and try again.
- If needed, please log in your Hostgater cPanel account and confirm the Server Name. Reference:
Don't know how to log into my hostgator cPanel
Who manages your website or your email server?