Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Software expert
50836188

With Revit LT, can two users be in the same file at the same

Customer Question

With Revit LT, can two users be in the same file at the same time?
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: PC
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I am trying to buy the software. I only need Revit LT for most things. But we do want to have more than 1 person in the file at the same time. So I want to know if I need to buy the full Revit, or if Revit LT will work. CAN 2 PEOPLE BE IN THE SAME FILE AT THE SAME TIME IN REVIT LT?
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Software
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Two people cannot be working on the same file at the same time. If the file is being used, you will get a message saying that file is read only.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

I see there was a little confusion with your question when I read it first. Using Revit LT, only one user can work on a file at a time but using the full version of Revit will allow for "worksharing" which allows multiple users to work on the same project at the same time.

I hope that clears up any confusion from before. If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.