Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

Can u pick up where we left off on remote assistance job?

Customer Question

Category: Software
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What previous subject do you need help with, please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I asked it on 9.10.16 at 1:25 pm. I wanted you to remote in but Cody took over the job. Can I email the chain of our conversation to u?

Here is the question:

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/9wpva-question-helping-month.html

I recently posted another set of queries to that question/case after Expert Cody Opted Out.

What type of Remote assistance do you need, please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
When I restart my laptop, it attempts to update Windows. It gets almost to the very end, then says trouble configuring updates, and it undoes everything. I looked for some solutions online and one of them had something to do with running it as administrator. I could not log in as admin, even though I am the only one who has ever used the computer. Any suggestions on how to update this?

Try a blank password, no characters entered for the password, for the Administrator account. That may work... if no Administrator password ***** been set.

If you never set one, and a black/no-chrs. password *****'t work, then your computer has been tampered with, quite possibly. If not 'hacked', which implies remote tampering.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am not sure what I am supposed to try with the admin password? The last time that we spoke, you concluded that i needed more help than a simple response, and you offered to remote access. i agreed and paid, but Cody hijacked the job. so, i am not sure what i need to do. thanks

If Cody didn't actually render service, then you have a right to your fee-for-extra-service refunded, I suspect.

I cannot see to that, though. Contact Customer Support at JustAnswer.com about that.

***@******.***

or the contact info on this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

I looked for some solutions online and one of them had something to do with running it as administrator.

is what you said when you asked how to log in as Administrator.

I suggest trying to turn On the computer and at once pressing F8, repeatedly, on the keyboard, until the Safe Mode selection screen comes up, black-and-white and with only text and a highlight bar.

Move the highlight bar up to

Safe Mode

and press RETURN. Does that allow the computer to start up properly? Try it please.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It didn't give me the option of safe mode. I believe that I followed your instructions regarding the f8 key.I am frustrated by the logistics on this. I am not talking about you, just the whole process. I just wanted someone to help with an error when trying to update windows. Customer service said they were going to send you an email. They believe that you were compensated for a remote login, which had not yet happened.

Customer service said they were going to send you an email.

I have not received any email that I know of, for this case. Except in regard to the previous question/case, that Expert Cody Opted Out of.

They believe that you were compensated for a remote login, which had not yet happened.

Expert Cody was the one who accepted that compensation, apparently.

It is courteous of you to not criticize me, but I have made no progress on this case (or the previous one) so it is best that I Opt Out of this case altogether, opening it to a better Expert. I have done so, now.