Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Software expert
50836188

Unification energyvontacted me and said my computer was

Customer Question

unification energyvontacted me and said my computer was hacked and asked for my information to buy their software. Who is this
Category: Software
Expert:  Josh replied 7 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 7 months ago.

Unfortunately, this is a SCAM. There isn't any company that can monitor your computer and see that your computer is hacked or has viruses. The company will have you perform some tasks that will show you "errors" that are not actually relevant and scare you into having them connect to your computer to fix the fake issues.

Please DO NOT give them access to your computer and do not call them back.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 7 months ago.

Mike,

I see that you requested remote assistance although that is not needed if you did not give them access to your computer. Here is my previous reply:

Expert:  Josh replied 7 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 7 months ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.