Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service

I have Adobe XI Pro I had to install a new hard drive I do

Customer Question

I have Adobe XI Pro
I had to install a new hard drive
I do not have the id number for my program
my e-mail address is***@******.***
mu name is ***** *****
my phone $ is 954 449996
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

In order to help you, I need to know what operating system you have on your device. Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8.1, 10, or do you have a Mac?

Did you pay for the adobe program at any point online or in a store?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am using windows 10
I purchased adobe directly from adobe
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am using windows 10
I bought Adobe from adove on line

Okay, when you are ready to proceed, let me know.

Adobe when purchased always gets a 'conformation' sent and has your email. We can find those emails

or the number from adobe too: Once we find that number,

Step 1

Deactivate Acrobat on the old computer by launching the application and selecting "Deactivate" from the Help menu. Select "Suspend Activation" in the next window. When you suspend activation, you can no longer use Acrobat on this computer. However, you still have the option of reactivating the app if you run into problems transferring the license to the new computer. Once you have successfully transferred the license, you can come back to this screen and select "Deactivate Permanently."

Step 2

Find your serial number by logging in to the My Adobe website (link in Resources) using the same username and password ***** used when you first activated the software. Hover your mouse over your name at the top of the screen, and then select "My Products and Services." Click the arrow next to "Adobe Acrobat" to view the serial number.

Step 3

Download the installation file from the My Adobe website to the new computer. If you purchased Acrobat from Adobe, hover your mouse over your name and select "My Orders." Click the "Download" link next to the entry for Acrobat and then follow the download instructions. To download the trial version, click the "Download" tab at the top of the page, select "Product Trials," click the "Try" link under the Acrobat listing and then follow the prompts.

Step 4

Run the Acrobat installation program on the new computer. Enter your serial number when prompted, and then click the "Activate" button. The program will automatically communicate with the company's website to confirm the serial number, and you can begin using Acrobat on the new computer.

When you are 'on' or have time, i will walk you through the steps, but please keep in mind, this is my job.

I do not stay here all the time, i have hours as well. I am on EST, if you update when you want me to be in,

we can take care of this back and forth by communicating for a short time, if you need help with the directions above.

I will work around your schedule as much as possible for you.

You can look over more about your version and others for deactivating and reactivating at this link:

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I paid you to get the access number

I will try to explain. Your information that you put on webistes, stores, credit cards etc. are specific for

'you'. If anyone could access that information? Your privacy would be invaded. It doesnt work that way.

I can only show you how to get that information back, which shouldnt be difficult. But, if i called and said

i was you with the information and got anything wrong? They will lock your account and worse to the

person impersonating you.

I can go into a remote session with you and guide you through it. You can go to your adobe sight and log

in with your password, or you can go to the email you signed up with. Inside that email when you first

installed that program, you are going to find what you need. I will send you a remote support offer if

you would like and help you find it if you would like.

But, even with this method, if you accept it, you have to follow the link i send you on a computer so your

computer then knows 'it is okay' for me to do this and have your permission. This seems aggrivating, but

it is for your safety. These are measures put in place to keep your 'life' private and your own.

Let me know what you would like to do in a reply. And we will go from there.

Friendly reminder.

If you would like to have a more hands on support through Secure Remote Assistance, I will send you an offer and I will be able

to log in and perform the fix for you. We offer this as an easier solution for clients. It is 100% guaranteed

money back if we cannot resolve your issue.

If you would like to continue with written instructions, that is absolutely fine as well. Just click the reject when you see the

offer and we will continue immediately in this manner going forward.