Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks

I was having trouble with html-5 and was trying to fix it

Customer Question

i was having trouble with html-5 and was trying to fix it and ended up on the refresh page. i did not see any warnings on that page that my browser would be complete destroyed. is there any way to get my browser back?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please which internet browser you are using?

And are you saying it is now totally gone? Or it gives an error when you try to run it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
mozilla firefox. apparently the browser remembers places i've been and i guess passwords but all my dude i don't know what the name is ***** ***** browser the apps the buttons the rss feed the special stuff i selected to make the browser fine tuned the add-ons is that the word? the tabs to push to go right to a certain page. all that stuff is gone
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

you mean all your favorites are gone? so your bookmarks to sites?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
o i guess i was looking for someone familiar with this problem who could tell me how to restore it. anyway, is there a way for you to communicate to mozilla firefox the need for some kind of warning on the refresh button? yes have never used this service and thought paying whatever it is i have already paid would reveal at least if a fix was doable. can't say yes to pay more money when no information on whether an official "refresh" is restorable
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

ok, if you Refreshed it all, this would not touch your favorites, only extensions.

Sop are your favorites also missing? I am familiar with refreshing but need to know what specifically your issues are.

And note, the additional service is options

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i see bookmarks are there. the rss menu is gone. i had add-on for special tabs under url address window where i had button i could push to go to specific pages. i had downloading managers etc
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

ok, all the reset is removed, you cannot return this as it is not backed up, the point to refresh is to revert it back to its default state though keeping the bookmarks.

You will need to add back all the extensions and missing content again.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i would never have hit that buttone if there was a warning
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
anyway, thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

I can understand they need to be more clear on the warning, if you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

also, look at making backups of your profile regularly by ising the instructions here to locate (then you can create a copy)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
you did fine. it's not as bad as a drive failure
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Please remember the rating via one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit else I receive no credit

Thank you