Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have vast experience with configuring & repairing and utilizing software.Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Trying to disable svp of lenovo

Customer Question

trying to disable svp of lenovo
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

By SVP do you mean supervisor password?

Also, what do you currently see when you turn on the Lenovo, just the HDD password?

Do you know the HDD password?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Password *****
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
password *****
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Its hard for me to tell what you are answering yes to. And to progress here, we need to be specific.

Are you saying, you DO know the HDD password?

And you can enter it and start the computer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I forgot to disable the HDD password.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can not start the pc just with HDD password.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Ok, so you do not know the correct HDD password?

When you try to type in the HDD password, what happens?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I type HDP, it does not work.This is happening twice having formatting the HD seems to resolve it all.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

If the HDD isnt recognizing the password ***** and if the issue returns after formatting the drive, then the hard drive needs to be replaced

Here is a compatible 500 gigabyte hard drive

And here is a 2 terrabyte hard drive,

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I never heard back from you after you viewed my response. Did you still need help with this issue?

If my suggestions helped please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to close out the question. Otherwise, please send a response so I can assist you further as needed.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hey I did know when it was ready, for your surprise when I try to turn it on, the power does not distribute! The lights are all off! ............. so I discharge what was left and try this tme the power is restored however when I press the power it is off!........... so I keep discharging and re charging for a while but it is still off when I press the power never mined the SVP.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

so you dont have power on the machine?

Question, when you pllug the charger in, do you see the charging light light up on the machine?

Also, when you press power, do any of the led lights try to come on or blink?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
hey Justin they do come on after I took out the badterry and plugged it and hit it hard! on the back of the pc.
the other thing is that I have this other pcs that I used for a while and they seem to have the problem that we are facing right now!you see what happen was the old pc gets the screen out!, then the other one (however this one blinks for a while but not any more no trace of light), the last one is just the RedFly ....... I used it to read form my Cell..... guess what it has the same problem...... as well as my Black Berry.
Expert:  Dustin replied 26 days ago.

Can you clarify in this manner..

1. Windows Vista PC, error status

2. windows 7 PC, error status.

3. Black berry phone, error status.

As you wrote it I am unsure if all of this is due to the supervisor password, or if its something else. When you mention the blackberry for instance im unsure of what you are saying the problem is. You also mentioned your cell, not sure if thats different then the black berry.

So, if you could list each machine and a description of the errors each machine has, that would be very helpful.

Dustin S