Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years

I'm using Win 7 + WordPerfect X5. Am trying to do something

Customer Question

Hi, I'm using Win 7 + WordPerfect X5. Am trying to do something simple and not getting anywhere because of the mysteries of the table function resource. I'm a lawyer. Have to bill somebody using the following utterly simple approach: hourly rate x number of hours = amount billed. Then I know the sum function to add up the totals for hours billed and amount billed. Can you give me what I need to make the rate x hours for all these boxes automatic and correct: Joan Dolan
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Dell
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes, but haven't looked recently at the update situation.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so. Oh, wait. How do I get the hourly rate unchangeable figure to copy itself into 10 boxes below the first one?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 1 month ago.

This is very straightforward. Move the cursor GRADUALLY toward the cell to be copied until it turns into an ARROW. Then SELECT the contents of that box and press CONTROL-C. Move the cursor sequentially to each of the ten target boxes and type CONTROL-V to paste the copied text into the target boxes.

Of course, in the time it took you to contact JA and await an answer, you could simply have typed the text into the other ten boxes!!