Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

Our Photosmart 6520 will not print from our 2nd computer

Customer Question

Our Photosmart 6520 will not print from our 2nd computer that is tied in with the main computer in another room
Category: Software
Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 7 months ago.

I need more information than "tied in with." That doesn't tell me anything about how your network was set up. When you installed the printer, there should have been an option to sense the wireless network and automatically configure the printer for wireless printing. After that point, any application's print menu should show the second printer--unless it's out of range. Consult the manufacturer's guide. Sometimes, there can be a surprisingly short range for a wireless printer, particularly if there are intervening walls with metal supports that can attenuate the signal.