Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years

I've had Outlook on my PC and an Android phone for some time

Customer Question

I've had Outlook on my PC and an Android phone for some time now. I've tried all kinds of ways to sync Outlook with my phone for calendar, email and contacts. Nothing really works, including Companion Link, etc. As much as I don't want to go to a Google platform on my PC, I am about to give up on Outlook in despair.
If I use Google email/calendar/contacts on my PC, and sync with my phone, will I have any difficulty interacting with colleagues who are on Outlook? Thank you.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  technicalcat replied 1 month ago.

Hello Phil, and thank you for using this service.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. I will help you now.

Are you trying to fix problems with Outlook mail and account, or are you just asking if you will have trouble moving to Google instead of ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

I'm giving up on trying to coordinate Outlook on my PC with my Android phone, and will be moving to Google on the PC and using the "built ins" on the Android phone. What I'm asking is whether I will have any trouble receiving email or calendar invitations from other people who are using Outlook.

I'd rather stay with Outlook on my PC, but have tried a number of intermediary apps (like deja office and companion link) that have been suggested, and none has worked very well. Do you have a suggestion to make in that regard?

Still a little confused as to your current setup and where you want to move things.

1) Are you , or have you tried running outlook app for android on your android phone?

2) Is your current email provider Microsoft/Live? This would be a, hotmail, live, etc. email address.

3) What version of Outlook are you running on your PC?