Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I have a mini i pad that has a crack in it... what can I do

Customer Question

I have a mini i pad that has a crack in it... what can I do it works ok but think it may cause problems eventually..
Category: Software
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. You can still use your iPad as long as it works. It won't affect anything else. If the cracked screen does not work any more in the future, then you just need to have it replaced.

Do you have any further question and/or do you need anything else for now?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How do u do this?

You would buy a screen, and replace it. It can be complicated, so if needed, you can have a tech or the Apple store does it. If you need where to buy the screen and the instructions on how to replace it, please let me know the model of your mini iPad; please check at the back of your iPad.

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

- Basically, if you'd like to replace the screen yourself, you can purchase it at the eBay.com website:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xipad+screen.TRS0&_nkw=ipad+screen&_sacat=0

, and you can see the video instructions at the Youtube.com website:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ipad+replace+screen

- Since it is technical, I recommend to have the Apple Store or a tech does it for you.

- If you need more information, on your iPad, open Settings app, then tap on General option, then tap on About. Then there, you can see the Model, then let me know it.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Do you still have any further question about this? And/or do you need anything else for now?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,