ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  15 years as a professional computer technician.
56108293

What is the newest version of aol I can run on windows xp

Customer Question

what is the newest version of aol I can run on windows xp svc pack 2
Category: Software
Expert:  ChrisC replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer!

You already have the latest version of AOL Desktop for Windows XP and no new versions will be compatible with that operating system. As you probably know, Microsoft has withdrawn support for XP and more and more vendors are not making their latest programs compatible with it.

For newer versions of AOL you need to be running at least Windows Vista. Considering the security vulnerabilities surrounding Windows XP now that it's not longer receiving new security patches, I would recommend upgrading a newer version of Windows as soon as you are able.

If you have any other questions on this just let me know. And before leaving this page, please use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 Stars/OK Service or better so that I receive credit for assisting you.