George Sibiya
George Sibiya,
Experience:  Research Scientist at CSIR
94470076

Ubuntu 16 linux, tomcat not runing .war applications

Customer Question

ubuntu 16 linux, tomcat not runing .war applications
Category: Software
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I mean tomcat is running, but application is not
Expert:  George Sibiya replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for using us. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting.

Please undeploy any of the wars that do not run and redeploy it. Then attach your /var/log/tomcat7/catalina.out file so that I can have a look at it.

Regards,

G

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The tomcat7 directory does not exist under /var/log

Ok you may run this command

locate catallina.out

It should tell you where the file is located.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This is what I get when I go http://192.168.1.40:8080It works !If you're seeing this page via a web browser, it means you've setup Tomcat successfully. Congratulations!This is the default Tomcat home page. It can be found on the local filesystem at: /var/lib/tomcat8/webapps/ROOT/index.htmlTomcat8 veterans might be pleased to learn that this system instance of Tomcat is installed with CATALINA_HOME in /usr/share/tomcat8 and CATALINA_BASE in /var/lib/tomcat8, following the rules from /usr/share/doc/tomcat8-common/RUNNING.txt.gz.You might consider installing the following packages, if you haven't already done so:tomcat8-docs: This package installs a web application that allows to browse the Tomcat 8 documentation locally. Once installed, you can access it by clicking here.tomcat8-examples: This package installs a web application that allows to access the Tomcat 8 Servlet and JSP examples. Once installed, you can access it by clicking here.tomcat8-admin: This package installs two web applications that can help managing this Tomcat instance. Once installed, you can access the manager webapp and the host-manager webapp.NOTE: For security reasons, using the manager webapp is restricted to users with role "manager-gui". The host-manager webapp is restricted to users with role "admin-gui". Users are defined in /etc/tomcat8/tomcat-users.xml.

Ok let me check where you should be able to find the log file

Ok please check it in /var/lib/tomcat8/logs

I'll be back with you in about 30min I'll be driving from office

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thank you

Thanks, I'm back on it now analysing the log

I think the following line is the reason why the application fails to deploy:

/var/lib/tomcat8/webapps/sip//WEB-INF/work/sv/etc/pv/config.properties

Please check why your sip application result into the '//' between root directory and the WEB-INF.

Tomcat must be failing to read config.properties

If you are unable to find the issue you upload the war for me to look at it as well.

Regards,

G