Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

Using the Action Wizard, I'm trying to set up "Make

Customer Question

Hi, Using the Action Wizard, I'm trying to set up "Make Accessible" to save my own settings: location where to save accessibility reports and check/uncheck the report options, but they won't save, keep going back to the default settings. Can you help me out? Thanks!
Category: Software
Expert:  Kevin T replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Kris, did I give you enough info?
Expert:  Kevin T replied 3 months ago.

No really, could I connect and have a look?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No sorry, this is my work laptop and they'd have a fit if I did that. This is the story: I created an Action to run the accessibility checker but my settings for the Accessibility Full Check will not save, keeps defaulting back so that all options are checked and my hard drive is the place where the accessibility reports will be saved. I want to be able to uncheck some of the options and save the accessibility report files to the company server. There must be some setting somewhere that will allow me to modify the Accessibility Full Check options [in Actions] and prevent the default settings from coming back. Sorry I can't let you see, hope this is helpful.
Expert:  Kevin T replied 3 months ago.

Ah,

More than likely their are group policies applied. It prevents users from changing settings they should not be able to see

You will need to check with your IT department, my work does the same

Remember to rate when you have assistance it costs nothing to accept answers

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm able to change the settings when I run the regular Accessibility Checker and it saves those settings, when I open another document to check accessibility, the correct settings are still there. I'm not talking about Actions, just the regular Access checker. Doubt very much there are group policies, we don't operate that way.
Expert:  Kevin T replied 3 months ago.

If you allow me to connect nobody will know.

Im 99% sure it is. I really need to have a look

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Nope, sorry. I'll check with IT on Monday though. Would you open a PDF, create a new action and add Run Accessibility Full Check to it, change the default settings and see if they will save for you?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Kevin T replied 3 months ago.

Yes - it did.

What version are you usisng

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
11.0.17
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I notice at the bottom of the Accessibility Checker Options screen in Actions, the only selections are "Start Checking" and Cancel". There's no "OK' or "Save", that's prob why it's not saving the settings I'm putting in?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Kris, it's real late here EST, would you email me if you find anything, so logging off. thanks! ***@******.***
Expert:  Kevin T replied 3 months ago.

No problem, If you could remember to rate so I am credited with helping you along the way.

Regards

Kris

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
sorry, didn't realize I was supposed to rate as we went along. Obviously, if you are able to save settings and I'm not, something flakey happened, I'm gong to have IT reinstall Acrobat. I understand you weren't really able to help me because I couldn't let you access my work laptop, but at least I know now it's something on my end and not a problem with everyone. thank you Kris!