flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant 30 years in nyc computer industry working with PC and networks banks brokerage legal etc.

I bought a upek TrueMe fingerprint reader. I cant find

Customer Question

i bought a upek TrueMe fingerprint reader. I cant find software to use it nor do i see it when i plug it into my mac. are there installation procedures and software?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 month ago.

It should have come with software. You need to load the software before you can install it.

Unfortunately their website does nothing but go to a search engine to find their software and there seems no place to get it for the mac.

I would try calling the company at(###) ###-####/p>

or whoever you purchased it from.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It did not come with software or drivers. I bought it from Amazon.
this is not a satisfactory answer. Please find me the answer.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
also the number you gave me is wrong.
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 month ago.

that is the best answer i can get you. The software is called truesuite for mac and it is supposed to come with the device. Amazon sells them with and without the software because the software costs more than the scanner itself.

sorry about the phone number. it is a small company that has been purchased renamed and moved several times

try this one(###) ###-####/p>

or you can call amazon. Return it and purchase one that comes with the mac software. Most of them clearly say "no software"

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
number was wrong!!! it is for an Apple lockdown space. I tried amazon before I tried you.
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 month ago.

That is because apple purchased them.

the software may not be available because it had some security issues.

I don't believe there is any way to get it for free. the software goes for about $60

and if anybody has it it will be apple.

Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 month ago.

This one has the mac software.

It costs about 100 bucks more than one of the old readers with no software. My suggestion is to complain to amazon and return the one you got. They are useless without the software which you can't get for the mac. You can find it for windows which is why they can sell them without it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Apple does not have truesuite for sale they bought the tech for the fingerprint sensors now in ipad pro.I found the amazon link too, the software must be somewhere other than a bundle sold by one vedor.
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately it does not seem that it is.

apple now owns it and it seems they never came through on their promise to update and sell the software. Every link i can find to it winds up at a page that says "no longer available" like this one

or this one

You can try some of the third party driver software places but i have never put much confidence in them and they charge before you even find out if they have it. or you can try some of the gray area torrent type places.

But every download link that i can find goes to either upek or authentec which are out of business and go to a search page or to apple which no longer sells it.