Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I am attempting to make changes to my Harmony Remote. I

Customer Question

I am attempting to make changes to my Harmony Remote. I downloaded and installed the Logitech software. When I attempt to run the program I get the message, "Remote Software Cannot start. Give permission to write to the application folder and try again." How do I do that?
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: I have owned it along time, but I use it for word processing and research. I would say I am a novice.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I went to the Disk Utility and saw nothing about "Verify Permissions".
JA: The software expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I also tried a recommendation to open the terminal app and type in ls -1. That didn't do anything.
Category: Software
Expert:  technicalcat replied 9 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble. I am a very experience IT tech, with experience with the Harmony brand.

Would you like me to connect remotely to your computer to fix the software problem while you watch?