Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I am using Intuit QuickBooks Pro 2016 on a PC with fully

Customer Question

I am using Intuit QuickBooks Pro 2016 on a PC with fully updated Win 10 and updated QB Pro. The new version of QB Pro requires a password ***** time I open one of my several companies on the software, even though I am not closing QB, just changing the company that is open. Is there a way to use a master password ***** the QB level that can save me the time of having to enter a password ***** time I change companies in the program?
Category: Software
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Is the 'Credit Card information protection' feature enabled? this can oblige a password ***** when opening a c.c.-info-containing file. There was a recent update that ensured this.

Do you know and have the Administrator password ***** the QuickBooks system in question?

Is it a multi-user QB system?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

I am using QB Desktop, not on line. I cannot find any reference or place to select o de-select 'Credit Card information protection.' I am the admin and I use the Administrator password ***** open each company each time. This is a single user QB.

OK, I see.

If you are already using the Administrator password, then there is no higher level of password, obviously.

There may be a setting that can be disabled that lowers the level of security enough to not have to enter a password ***** every opening of a different company file.

Look in the Security settings of your QB 2016 installation, for such a feature. Let me know what you find that sounds likely, and I will inform you as to which one of such features might help with the problem, and what the consequence of disabling it would be.