Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I bought Autocad Architecture back in may of this year, just

Customer Question

hello i bought Autocad Architecture back in may of this year, just recently Autocad has been freezing up very often...(Unable to initialize adlm.) error code 104...Also The License manger is not functioning or is improperly installed...could you please help me with this.
Category: Software
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 months ago.

Hi Garry, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you using Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10?

Are you using AutoCad 2013?

Also, can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch on your screen?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm running windows 10 Pro. The version of autocad is 17...I would like it if you could direct me to the problem and I could fix based on your answer first...not 100 % comfortable with remote access as of yet.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 months ago.

Hi Garry,

Thank you for writing back with that information and I respect your decision regarding remote access. Please do the following:

1. Close all other programs especially AutoCad
  2. Right click on the Microsoft logo at the bottom left corner of the screen, then click "Command Prompt (Admin)"
  3. In the command prompt, type:

sfc /scannow
  4. Press Enter to execute. Please note that there is a space between c and /
  5. Allow the scan to complete.
  6. When errors are reported to have been found, restart the computer then test your AutoCad software