Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I am running windows 7 pro, I had installed the upgrade to

Customer Question

I am running windows 7 pro, I had installed the upgrade to 10, uninstalled it shortly after installing. Now I cant read pdf files nor will it allow me to download adobe reader or flash player. I have even tried other pdf readers and they can not download. I can also not update my Microsoft security essentials. What do you suggest? I am in desperate need of these programs.
Category: Software
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 months ago.

Hi Roseanne, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. So you are now back to Windows 7? What exactly is the error that you are getting when you download Adobe Reader and fails?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I download the file then when it doesn't recognize the file which is usually and execute file it will bring up a list of my programs to choose how to open it. It never recognizes the files. Can I send you a pic of the message as an attachment?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information.

Can I remotely access your problem computer so that I can directly check and fix the problem while you watch on your screen?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no, I am the IT tech here and am just having this issue. I do not want to pay an extra $40 yet. if you can give me a few things to check or change, I am capable of doing that. thanks for the offer but not there yet.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information and I respect your decision regarding remote access.

First, please try to restart the computer one more time to allow Windows 7 to continue rebuilding itself from the restore operation.

Then test if you are now able to install Adobe Reader and the rest of the programs you want to install.

If you are unable to run any EXE file, thus the installer won't work, please do the following:

A. Run the SFC Scan

1. Search for CMD in the Start button search box
  2. In the results, right click on CMD, then click Run as Administrator
  3. In the command prompt, enter sfc /scannow
  4. Press Enter to execute
  5. Allow the scan to finish
  6. Restart the computer then test if the problem is gone

If the problem with EXE files continues, please do the following:

B. Import the registry fix

1. Please go to this link:
    http://filesxpress.com/download-1117e534f90d90d34578fdc4641a6e20
  2. Download the REG file, it is a reset for EXE files
  3. Double click on the downloaded file and MERGE the keys when prompted
  4. Restart the computer
  5. Test if the problem is gone
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok, I will try this and get back with you in a few minutes. one question, what do you mean by MERGE keys?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 months ago.

Merge is an action with regards ***** ***** It is appending the registry keys in the REG file to your system registry. When doing this, you will be prompted if you want to merge. Confirm with OK or YES (Affirmative) to proceed.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
got it, thanks
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 months ago.

Please take your time and let me know your results so that I can help you further.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok, I did the scan and was able to download adobe reader. but will not let me download flash player. I tried to download the reg file link and it said it could not be downloaded. if I save the file and try to open it, I get the same thing as before where it ask which program to use to open it. any suggestions?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
also, when this problem started I am no longer able to play music from iheart radio. says I need to update my flashplayer but it will not let me do that. not sure if its related but happened at same time.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 months ago.

Please uninstall Flash Player from Control Panel. After uninstalling, go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer and download the latest version and install.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 months ago.

How is it going? Did my answer help? Please let me know if you need further assistance with this problem so that I can help you fix the problem if it still persists.

Best regards,

Jess