Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

Can I install two full versions of Quark Xpress on my PC? I

Customer Question

Can I install two full versions of Quark Xpress on my PC?
I purchased a new computer and upgraded to Quark 2015, with the free upgrade to 2016.
I installed 2015 and it was working when I tested it.
I just downloaded and installed the 2016 upgrade and now neither is working.
When I try to launch either version, it looks like it will start, but then I get the message saying: "Windows has encountered a problem and is shutting down the program."
Category: Software
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Are you still in the trial version of Quark 2016? (yes, you can install many versions, but you will run into this error. A converter is most

likely necessary to update/read)

We can continue written here or i can offer to fix it for you. If you want to do this on your own, do NOT hit accept on the request i send)

and we will continue from there. If you want me to do this for you, hit accept.

Friendly reminder.

If you would like to have a more hands on support through Secure Remote Assistance, I will send you an offer and I will be able

to log in and perform the fix for you. We offer this as an easier solution for clients. It is 100% guaranteed

money back if we cannot resolve your issue.

If you would like to continue with written instructions, that is absolutely fine as well. Just click the reject when you see the

offer and we will continue immediately in this manner going forward.

Expert:  lordnomi replied 7 months ago.

Hi:

If you had Licensed Copy of Quark 2015, please with company is upgrade is free of charge and fully functional

If not then it will upgrade 2015 to 2016 with limited features and you will have only 2016 on your pc.

If you want to go back, use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall it completely and use 2015 only it it was working perfectly fine earlier

All the best :)