arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  More than 3 years of experience in the field of Information Technology
50085326

I have a server running Windows Server 2012 R2. In one of

Customer Question

I have a server running Windows Server 2012 R2. In one of the shared folders, anytime I attempt to create a file or folder in one of the sub-folders I get a disk full error. The disk has just over 4.5 TB free space.
I have one other folder shared from the same physical drive that does not have this issue.
I can create new sub-folders and files within the new sub-folders in that share. I cannot create any new files or sub-folders within any existing sub-folder. When I try I get the Disk is Full error. This happens whether I try accessing across the network or if I am sitting at the server itself.
I can delete the existing sub-folders or files. I can copy them also. If I copy them to another folder on the same server it will be the same. If I copy the folder to my desktop I can then make new files/folders in that sub-folder on my desktop. If I copy the sub-folder from my desktop back to the same server in a different share than the original I can create files/folders.
I have tried resetting permissions on the files forcing all child objects to inherit the parent permissions.
Any ideas on what might be happening?
Category: Software
Expert:  Jason Fenoglio replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Give me a few minutes to look over your question and I will respond shortly.

Can you verify if there are any disk quotas setup per user on this share? This could give you a disk full warning.

You can check this by going here.

Open Server Manager using the icon on the desktop Taskbar or from the Start screen.

Select File Server Resource Manager from the Tools menu in Server Manager.

In the left pane of File Server Resource Manager, expand Quota Management and click Quotas.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There are no disk quotas. Quotas are disabled.

Do any other users have this issue writing to the share?

Also, is this share associated with folder redirection?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Every user that has tried has experienced the same issue. This share is part of a DFS folder redirection. I do want to reiterate that while I am logged into the server directly as the administrator account I can copy one of the affected sub-folders to a different folder that is not part of the DFS folder redirection and experience the exact same issue. In this instance I am not accessing the files over the network but directly from the server itself.

I apologize. I have not been able to find anything else that would cause this issue they way you're experiencing it other that a quote issue. I'm going to put this back into the queue to see if one of the other experts has another idea.

Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 3 months ago.

Dear Rob,

My name is ***** ***** of the expert in computer category. I would like to assist you with your issue and would be your next active expert

By the way, can we have a remote session with the problematic server.

Please reply

Dear Rob,

Are you still waiting for answer

Let me know if you want don't want to continue and cancel question

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for reminding me I had this open. I believe I experienced an error when the files were copied over from the previous folder hosting them. There is a large amount of files that are missing. I did not do my due diligence and compare the folders after copying from the previous server. From the files that are still present, I can copy them to another computer and then copy them back to the same server in a different folder and access to the newly copied files is as expected. This does not really answer the specific what or why the issue occurred but I have found a fix. Thanks to everyone for your help.

Dear Rob,

Thanks for your reply and we are really glad to know your issue got fixed.

I shall request send a request to cancel the question

Thanks for contacting Just Answer

Have a Great Day

Fiyaz