Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years

I have lightroom 5, windows 10 new nikon d500 and the new

Customer Question

I have lightroom 5, windows 10 new nikon d500 and the new xqd card for storing the pictures taken with the d-500. I can't get lightroom 5 to open or read the pictures on that card. B&H says you might not yet have the ability to read xqd cards from the nikon d500. is that the problem I'm having or is it my computer? I can read the sd card in slot 2 in the same camera so it's not the camera. can you offer any suggestions or time frame if it's because of the nikon d500 or the xqd card. also, can i read the xqd card content using some other software that is available. finally, when shooting in RAW do i always have to use s photoshop/lightroom type product or could i use the simple software like what comes with windows 10, like ''photo gallery''?
Category: Software
Expert:  Martin replied 2 months ago.

Hi Tom,

It could be Windows.

When did the problem start?