Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have vast experience with configuring & repairing and utilizing software.Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I am working with a new author who is using Adobe Does Adobe

Customer Question

I am working with a new author who is using Adobe Does Adobe PDF has the capability to prevent PDF files from being forwarded via email or shared with unauthorized people? We don't want to lose control over who has early versions of the book before the publisher releases the final version. Can this be done with Adobe?
Category: Software
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

What y ou want is the full suite of Adobe Acrobat password ***** file protection settings.. You can get that with Adobe DC..

Setting a password ***** make it so even if the pdf was somehow spread on the internet, no one could open it without the password.

The file restrictions will help prevent sharing and access.. Heres the page for acrobat DC

And this page will show you how to password ***** and encrypt the pdfs using acrobat

Id definitely recommend encrypting, that way no one can read the files period. ( except who has the password )

Just dont lose the password!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.