Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Software expert
50836188

I went to your support site at epson.ca/support and was

Customer Question

I went to your support site at epson.ca/support and was directed to an(###) ###-####
This # connected me to International Technical Support Corp., who helped me but also sold me software for my computer. Are you connected with this company at all or was I scammed ?
Category: Software
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

Hi Janet,

They are NOT connected with Epson and they have really bad reviews/rating on BBB. In fact, they have a F rating on their website with 10 complaints. I would suggest that you contact your bank to dispute those charges on your account because what you purchased, was not necessary.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you - Do you think my computer security has been compromised ?
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

Did you allow them to connect to your computer?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
yep
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

In that case, I would like to connect to your computer to see if they left anything behind.

I tried to accept your remote assistance request but the payment failed. I will try to send you another request.

Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.