Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I want to uninstall McAfee Internet Security and install

Customer Question

I want to uninstall McAfee Internet Security and install Norton. Norton prompts me that McAfee is still installed. How do I uninstall it? I can't find the McAfee uninstaller in my apps.
Category: Software
Expert:  Jason Fenoglio replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Give me a few minutes to look over your question and I will respond shortly.

There is a manual way to run the uninstaller for McAfee. Would you like to start a remote session to get the software removed?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please tell me how to manually remove the software.

First, did you check to see if there was a Uninstall SiteAdvisor option in the Applications. That might be what it was seeing.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Just take the $5.00 and forget helping me. What a ripoff. First you say $30 and then $39 for faster remote assistance. I can get a friend to do this for free. I may contact Amex and stop payment. Thanks for nothing.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please don't send me any text messages.

I'm sorry you are unsatisfied with the service. We try to make sure we have all the information to resolve the issue since we don't have direct access to your Mac. I'll have customer service cancel the question.