Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years

My account # is 29609267. For the past week I have only had

Customer Question

My account # is 29609267. For the past week I have only had the use of the phone attached to my computer in the office,but all of other main phones are NOT working. This has caused quite a problem. I need help desperately.
Category: Software
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out, Gerri.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the base usually)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't technically think that this is a computer problem. I've gone through this service yesterday for other help regarding my I-Pod and didn't get anywhere. I don't know if you can or cannot assist me. I'm sorry, but I just returned to the computer. As I stated, I used your yesterday (to no solution) and paid my $5.00, but I put a stop to the $20 charge because of NO help. As for the phones, as stated before, the only working phone is this one which is directly into the computer. The main phone in the kitchen is a V tech 6.0 with an answering system (which of course is NOT working)and the other 2 phones are as this one (a Uniden 6.0 direct). How one phone can work and not the others is a mystery, since all have worked prior on Magic Jack. I do resent not being informed by Magic Jack (after bother their internet and direct long distance phone advise using this as a direct assistance for their service.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
P.S. No other fax machine is attached. This is a VOIP service.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Which specific magicjack device do you have? Is it plugged into your computer? To your router?
How is the phone in your office connected?
Where is the uniden base station?

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.