Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Software Engineer
Experience:  Product Developer at Computer Science Corporation
94617175

My computer is fine. A lot of important data was

Customer Question

My computer is fine. A lot of important data was automatically deleted in my yahoo mail. I don't know what to do.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Yahoo account?
Customer: 2 days
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I asked yahoo to restore my e-mails. I sent in a request. They can only restore e-mails that're seven days old. I need e-mails from 2 years ago. It just all deleted
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No that's about the size of it. thank you
Category: Software
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 4 months ago.

Hi Welcome to JustAnswer

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
did you review my question?

I think the only way for us to restore emails of last two years is by restoring the emails from backups. Do you have backups of them. Any archived mails ?

Check if your mails are there in thrash.Yahoo could restore emails of last 7 days because they keep the backup of list 7 days with them so until we have email backups we won't be able to restore it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I know. It just got automatically deleted. I need e-mails from years ago. It's not in the trash folder or any folder. It's gone
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'd know if I deleted the e-mails - but I didn't. It just automatically deleted everything, and i've lost important information. I need help.

Ok. Give me a moment.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
okay
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I need to go to bed. Can I talk to you tomorrow evening PST?

If yahoo can't restore it then we do not have any other option then.

Raise a request again and tell them that these emails were not accidentally deleted these were automatically delete,If I delete it manually the let me know from which device and when these were deleted :-

https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?token=w5FCchB1dWHZDkMtMbkiWVSbOdCuFT%252F1KQdhMF%252BxklHYviYd8y9gk2SKNfVB0%252BhznbA8joQ9rWGuGKSn3kTNr1sh3vUcWETmVjsL1D7vMl%252F%252BoMgxGgMcxzIy6t8v0cjKU99gam6I4F%252BAGZQBMnAfjZI0J%252FPK0V5QE8gpPiwhki4%253D&locale=en_US&page=contactform&selectedChannel=email-icon&isVip=false#email-form

I think one of below could be the cause of your problem :-

Emails deleted via mobile are also deleted from the Web.

Anything you do on a mobile device will carry over to your desktop mail as the two are synced.

External mail clients can delete your message too.

If you use Outlook or Mac Mail to download email from your Yahoo Mail account, the downloaded emails are moved to the Trash folder.

yes we can talk whenever you are available. Let me know if you have any question else,Please provide me your ratings to me.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I already sent in that request
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'll talk to you tomorrow

ok

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I already sent in a request to restore before I talked to you. If that's the only info you can offer, may I please have a refund
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
All my e-mails just vanished. I didn't delete them. There are not in any folder including the Trash folder and the Spam Folder. I also immediately sent in a request to restore but they can go only restore within 7 days. They haven't done anything.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not yet.

Okay !! I will ask customer service to refund your amount.

Would you like to give me a tip/bonus for my time on this ? If and only if you wish .

It can be $5, $10 any amount you like.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'd like a refund

Okay. I will open up a request. This should be done in couple of mins.

Thank you !!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thanks. I just didn't have my questioned answered.