Rylan Sharpe
Rylan Sharpe, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Global IT Manager at an International Company

I have a Samsung R540 laptop, that is loaded with Windows

Customer Question

I have a Samsung R540 laptop, that is loaded with Windows 10, - I downloaded a software cleaner from CBI Reimage, that was supposed to clean my computer from registry problems. So purchased it. It asked to allow it to go to safe mode, and everything went down. When I rebooted it, no longer recognizes my password ***** get into Windows 10.
Even tried through this computer to reset password, however doesn't recognize old or new.
Category: Software
Expert:  Rylan Sharpe replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I am Rylan and have many years of experience in Computer support and I am happy to assist you with your question.

I have seen several users that have been locked out of Windows 10 and the one thing that worked most of the time, when they have their Microsoft account connected, is to reset the password ***** the Microsoft server. For example, if you have a Hotmail account that you are using to logon to your computer, you can go to Hotmail's website, reset the password ***** As long as your computer is connected to the internet, it will check the Microsoft server for the most recent password.