Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I'm having my website updated by another developer and he is

Customer Question

I'm having my website updated by another developer and he is wanting access
to my google account. How do I go about delegating access?
Category: Software
Expert:  swmcdonnell replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** does he want access to your Google account for?

If he wants access for Google Analytics or Google Webmaster tools, you can delegate access within each of those applications. I don't think he would need anything beyond that, unless you set everything up on Google sites. Hold on a minute and I'll get you instructions to delegate in Analytics and Search.

Actually, why don't you tell me what he wants access to and what kind of access he wants and I can tell you how to set it up, because you can delegate other kinds of access in other Google tools as well.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He is going to make sure my company info is correct throughout the web. He is making a new website for me and was wanting passwords for google and facebook.

Can you get him to specify exactly what he wants access to? There's no way to change one setting and delegate access to anyone. You need to either give him your passwords, where he has total unrestricted access to your account, or delegate permissions to him on an application-by-application basis, depending on what he needs to do.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will have to ask him tomorrow. This is all new to me. I signed up for the free trial, can I get back to you with that info?

Sure, no problem. He should be able to describe exactly what he needs access to and what he needs it for. If he can't, that would be a red flag for me.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK! thanks. Do I just log in tomorrow and start where we left off?

Yes, just pick up on this conversation.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks.

Hey there, I was just checking back with you to see if you resolved this on your own? Please chat me back if you still need any help with it.