swmcdonnell, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Steve has many years of experience in software development.

I have had a website for many years, using dreamweaver. My

Customer Question

Hi -- I have had a website for many years, using dreamweaver. My computer that had my CS4 disk loaded onto it from my disk had to be upgraded, and the files and program disappeared.
So, I have loaded the CS4 disk onto my laptop, but now I need to go to my website and download all the files from there, so I can edit and add to my site.
I used to use ftp-dom to do the get and put of files, but none of that information remains from the upgrade on the old computer. Could you help me get access to my website and guide me through getting all those files down on my computer so I can edit them?
my site is I do not know my passwords or the exact way to write the ftp-dom to get access. Thanks, ***** ***** (###) ###-####
Category: Software
Expert:  swmcdonnell replied 2 months ago.

Hi, Caleb, my name is***** you can download a free program that will spider your website and download everything it can find, that won't do you any good if you want to change what's there. So you're going to have to know your username and password ***** enables you to connect to the Web server via FTP to upload and download files.

It appears that your Web hosting provider is Cedant Web Hosting, based on your IP address (, and it looks like you registered your domain through Network Solutions (, and that the domain is good through 10/13/2018. I'm not sure if any of this rings a bell with you.

What you need to do is to get access to your account at Cedant Web Hosting. You'll probably a username and password ***** your hosting account at Cedant that enables you to access a control panel, such as CPanel. Inside CPanel, there will be an FTP username and password ***** you can use to setup the transfer between your computer and the Web server using Dreamweaver. Once you know that, I can help you get the two connected.

The only reason I mention the Network Solutions, is that you should probably find out what your username and password ***** for that account also, while you're at it. And then put all that information in a single place. if you don't renew your domain before 10/13/2018 through Network Solutions, it will expire and you will lose it. But you've got a couple more years to worry about that.

I attached a domain report PDf file to this that you can also keep for reference.

So chat me back once you find out your FTP information if you can't figure out how to connect with Dreamweaver.

If I've answered your question and solved your problem, can you please accept my answer and rate me accordingly? I don't get paid anything for helping you unless you accept my answer. Thanks!

Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 2
Whois Server:
Referral URL:
Status: clientTransferProhibited
Updated Date: 30-oct-2013
Creation Date: 13-oct-2000
Expiration Date: 13-oct-2018

>>> Last update of whois database: Mon, 01 Aug 2016 18:58:48 GMT <<<

Hosting provider: Cedant Web Hosting
WHOIS: Click Here
IP Address:
Name Servers:

Hi Caleb,

I was just following up with you to see if the information I provided you solved your issue. If it did, can you please accept my answer? If it didn't, please chat me back and we'll get it resolved. Thanks!