Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proud to have been getting computer technicalities into working order since 1988.
13568747

Random Number App for ipad or computer? Just looking for a

Customer Question

Random Number App for ipad or computer?
Just looking for a random number app or program that has the ability to enter in missing numbers or blocks of numbers. (Have a 250 Club ticket event but not all tickets are sold and there are gaps in the numbers). So need to be able to enter missing numbers and then have the number app work from there.
Any suggestions please?
Thanks so much.
Kim
Category: Software
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi Kim, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I need clarification as to what you mean by 'enter in missing numbers', please. I take it that a simple random number generator is not what you need, but something more special or specific.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Did any of my replies come through??

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

I have been trying to reply but it seems it may not have worked.

What I'm after is an app that can do random number selection but that has the ability to exclude some numbers.

We have a 250 Club where we have 250 tickets to sell and people select the number they want. We have only sold 150 tickets and we are missing quite a lot of gaps inbetween numbers. eg: sold 1-50 missing 51 sold 52 to 98 missing 99 sold 100 to 130 missing 131-135 and so on.

Just wondering if there's an app where you can key in multiple number groups not just a start & finish number.

Hopefully that makes sense?

Thanks so much.

Kim

Your last response came through, I'm glad to say. Thank you for making the effort to get through, Kim.

This might do for you - since it allows a list of numbers to 'be ignored' (which I would guess means exclusion)... but, it is for Android, not Apple/iOS:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brandao.randomnumbergenerator&hl=en

Offhand I don't find any other generators (within 10 minutes searching and viewing features of) that has the qualities you need. Is an Android app good enough? or does it have to run on iOS (iPhone/iPad) or Apple or Windows computers?

Let me know, and I will search more specifically for only iOS/Apple or Windows generators.

(Or if it turns out to be needed, I could possibly offer to write one for you to your specifications, for Windows only though.)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

thank you so much Russell - sorry I don't seem to be getting the msgs through when you respond so only just happened to check it now. sorry for the delay.

The Android probably wouldn't work for me as we would have either an ipad or computer to operate it from.
if you could would you be able to search for a windows one please?
thanks so much :)

OK. Thank you for getting through with your response. I am now searching, and should be able to post again with results shortly.

Admittedly what you are seeking may have to be custom-programmed for you.

If the amount of numbers you need to exclude were reasonably small (not more than 10, perhaps?) then I myself could program an Excel macro that would do what you require.

If you want a ready-made piece of freeware, for Windows, this might possibly do (though, the 'numbers' it excludes, are apparently digits, or one-digit numbers.):

http://random_number_generator_pro.en.downloadastro.com/

- be warned, the right 'download' button is the smaller light-green one with a check-mark on it, nearer the bottom of the page, and just under the 'fromDoctoPDF'. The rest of the large DOWNLOAD buttons are for things you don't need.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need further info, or have some comment or further requirement, please Reply To Expert and I will continue to assist you.

Thanks.