Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I have been running Mac OS 10.6 very successfully years.

Customer Question

I have been running Mac OS 10.6 very successfully for several years. However, a few weeks ago, several important applications stopped working - they went into loops. I ask a repairer for help, and they sent they could not help med with OS X 10.6. Instead they installed OS X 10.11 in one partition on my hard disk, and OS X 10.6 on another partition. I can, however, only log in to the 10.11 partition. When I try to log in to the 10.6 partition, it asks med to input the WIFI password, but even when I input the WIFI password, I cannot go further with log in in that partition.
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: So I have to run 10.11, but several applications I have do not work with this. I have to reinstall them, in practice buy a new version of them.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: How much experience: I have been using Macintoshes for 30 years, have been using Mac OS X 10.6 for about five years, Mac OS X 10.11 for a couple of weeks.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Example of a program which does not work is Adobe Acrobat PRO 9.0. It seems as if this program is not correctly installed for Mac OS X 10.11.
JA: The software expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: How much is this going to cost me? I do not want to buy help which maybe will not help me and pay a lot of money for that.
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to. When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: $5 is OK.
Category: Software
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

Hi Jacob,

You mentioned that you were not able to input the Wi-Fi password ***** Are you 100% sure that you entered the right password?