swmcdonnell
swmcdonnell, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Steve has many years of experience in software development.
47680681

1-geek' on software file formats. tell me how to convert a

Customer Question

1-I am NO 'geek' on software file formats. tell me how to convert a Pagemaker .pdm file to a pdf file format
2-what basic tech software (not too many bells and whisles) can do
Category: Software
Expert:  swmcdonnell replied 11 months ago.

Hi there, my name is ***** ***** I can help you create a PDF from your PageMaker file. There are two different ways you can do this:

1) Download a free trial version of Adobe PageMaker, install the program, open the file and save it as a PDF.

2) Use Microsoft Word to open the file and save as a PDF. You might get some extraneous data in your file that you have to remove if you choose this option.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My pagemaker is 7.0 and yes I have word 2010. The size of page is an 11 x 17 with 0.5 margins on all 4 sides

You already have PageMaker?

If you already have PageMaker, print the document to a PDF. You should have an option such as "Microsoft Print to PDF on PORTPROMPT:" as one of your printer selections.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Would you prefer I securely connect to your device and fix it for you??? Yes my project is in pagemaker and I need a file format I can take to staples so they can print it out in color for me
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will transfer file to a flash drive

Let me just make sure I understand. You created the page in PageMaker, and you want to take the final result -- what it looks like in the browser -- and have that printed at Staples. Is that right?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what it looks like in the browser --? what it look like in my pagemaker software with a pdf or other common file format and I will transfer this file to my flash drive and bring it to staple for them to print out
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
11 x17 size paper

OK, can you go into PageMaker and choose the Print dialog and print to Microsoft Print to PDF on PORTPROMPT: as in the picture I attached.

Try this picture

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
can you go into PageMaker and choose the Print dialog and print to Microsoft Print to PDF on PORTPROMPT: as in the picture I attached. ++++++++++++++++ NOT sure I understand but I will try +++++++++++++++++++++

This will enable you to print the file to a PDF that you can take to Stapes for printing. That's what you want to do, right?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
STUPID ME -one of my print choices is to print to my scansoft pdf. let me try that

OK. I was going to suggest the BullZip PDF printer if you didn't have one.

You can change the page size in the setup parameters for the PDF printer.

If I've helped you solve your issue, can you please accept my answer and rate me accordingly? I don't get paid anything for helping you unless you accept my answer and rate me at least 3 stars.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
suggest the BullZip PDF printer if you didn't have one. +++++++what is that????
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It failed to print got hung up tell me about this buuzip printer

It's free and a very good PDF printer.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
got it thanks it will handle a pdm pagemaker file to convert/print

Hi there, sorry about the delay. My A/C went out yesterday and my computer overheated and shut down. I guess that tells you how hot it is here today.

Yes, the printer will handle the Pagemaker PDM file. How did it go? Did you get it to work? If not, chat me back and I'll get you the solution.

If I helped you solve your problem, can you please accept my answer? I don't get paid anything for helping you unless you accept it. Thanks!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
CustomerThank you for your advise. I DO PAY MY DEBTS.I have just come back from major surgery (cervical stenosis, vertebrae c4-c7 posterior fusion with instrumentation). The recovery is hard and I am on a lot of pain meds, which make one sleep a lot and when you are up, ypu are very 'drugged'.My computer is running VERY slow and I need to reformat my hard drive and reinstall my software (Its that bad)After that It will be 3 or 4 weeks till I can try your suggestions, go to staples have them print out my project with a common file format. (my Pinter will not handle this size paper).SO when it all works out I will pay you, so bear wit and you WILL get paidTHANKS

OK, sure, I hope you feel better and that it all works out.