Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have vast experience with configuring & repairing and utilizing software.Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have bought a 2016 AutoCAD LT. It came on a CD. I

Customer Question

I have bought a 2016 AutoCAD LT. It came on a CD. I installed it on my desktop computer and works fine. I am trying to loaded into my laptop and during installation I get an error. Can I what I am trying to do and how can I get the problem resolved?
Category: Software
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Did you purchase a multi user license for autocad 2016 LT ? Or did you p urchase just a single license, copy?

If you purchased a single license, you can install autocad on both machines.. But, they cant be active / registered at the same time.

If you deactivate autocad on the desktop computer, you can the n install it on the laptop. ( and then when you want to use it on the desktop, deactivate it on the laptop, and vice versa )

Steps 1 and 2 on this page will show you how to transfer the program between the two computers.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/installation-activation-licensing/manage-licensing/transfer-licenses/license-transfer-utility/online-transfer-using-ltu

Then, youd have to repeat that when you want t o activate the desktop version again.

If you have further questions, or need me to connect to your laptop or desktop to help you with this issue, let me know!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.