Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years

Two questions: (1) I have renewed my membership and yet

Customer Question

Two questions: (1) I have renewed my membership and yet webroot continues to tell me I need to renew my membership. (2) Also, when I use webroot it continues to tell me after the scan that the software has eliminated 27 threats. This is the same number of threats remove for the last 6 weeks!
Category: Software
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

It sounds to me like a virus has damaged webroot.. So it cant remove the viruses, and it cant renew itself properly. ( Thats usually the case when it continually finds, but cant remove viruses)

Also, would you like me to connect to your computer from here and work on the issue directly on screen? If so we can set this up via a secure remote assistance session. That session is guaranteed meaning if I cant help you then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees.

Otherwise, I can try and assist you via written support alone. Let me know how you'd like to begin.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.