Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Software Engineer
Experience:  Product Developer at Computer Science Corporation

RoboHELP 2015 - Generated Flash help Search feature is not

Customer Question

RoboHELP 2015 - Generated Flash help Search feature is not working in ie 11 and Firefox ver 47.0.1
I have upgraded to RoboHELP 2015 and have installed all 3 updates. When I generate a flash help and then run in IE11, the search function does not display any results. It looks like it's working (displaying Searching) but never displays any results. I see the full data text search in the pod and I see many .xml files generated. If I generate a webhelp, the search feature works but of course I don't have that sexy flash gui that my customer likes. I have been successful in generating the flash help in Robohelp 10. Is there something I am doing incorrectly?
Category: Software
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi Christina

Expert:  Kevin T replied 3 months ago.

Can you disable anti-virus?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am at an army site and cannot do that here.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't think you can even remotely connect since they are very fussy about the network
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

That's ok, you can ignore any automated offers for remote assistance then and try some solutions yourself.

If it is your own computer you can disable the antivirus.

If it is the army's computer, do you have an IT Support department who can assist?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Pete,
This is not my personal computer. It is a networked computer (USARMY) where they have disabled most of our abilities. Yes, I do have IT Support that can help out. They do not know much about RoboHELP.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Ok, the problem may be due to some of the security settings.

The problem is likely due to some security settings.

Can you ask your IT support to temporarily disable any security settings on the PC to test?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can see if they are available to help. Stand by
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Nope, I can't have anything disabled.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Ok, let me check if the other experts have any further ideas on this...

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 3 months ago.

Most definitely, to see what the issue is, you are going to have to disable the antivirus temporarily. Because it is a government owned laptop, that is going to be virtually impossible without the help of one of the army IT tech guys. I know because I was a military contractor for a long time and know the process. Pete is correct on the security settings notion. I am sorry we can't resolve this for you immediately.

Were you able to resolve this?

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 3 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking AAthe “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

It sounds like, the issue is with internet explorer security settings. So please add url of the page to to trusted sites and make the following changes also.
Click on the gear icon on top right corner of Internet Explorer and click on Internet Options

Click on Security tab.

Click on Trusted sites.

Click on custom level.
for "ActiveX controls and plug-ins", and for "Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe for scripting", select Ask or Enable option.

Access your page and check the result.

Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 3 months ago.

Did the above workarounds helped you ?