Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Software Engineer
Experience:  Product Developer at Computer Science Corporation
94617175

How do I get an audio file that is set to play over multiple

Customer Question

How do I get an audio file that is set to play over multiple slides to STOP playing when reaching a specific slide.
I have tried using animation and it will start the playback. But 4 slides later I enter a STOP on the animation. But it does not stop, just keeps right on playing.
What am I doing wrong or is this a Microsnot bug?
Category: Software
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 9 months ago.

Hi Welcome to JustAnswer

I understood your requirement. Can you share that ppt with me. I will do the setting and give it back to you.

You can zip your ppt and attach it here in the chat box .

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I won't be able to send you the file until I tomorrow morning. On Sunday. However I would much prefer to know how to do it and to have you do it for me. Because you could just as easily do it say on a Windows machine or using a different version of PowerPoint and the one I have so I'd actually prefer to know how to do it so I couldn't really do it in my presentations let me know thanks

For this we can do two things :-

1. After changing settings , I can give the detailed instructions with screenshots to let you know what exactly I did so that you can repeat it by your own and see if you are also able to do it at your end.

or else after resolving it at my PC . I do remote screen sharing and do the same process infront of you so that you get to know what and how I did i. But for this(remote screen sharing support) you would be charged around 39$.

You can chose any of the above option and let me know your choice.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Dropbox Link:https://db.tt/vdSxYygXYou will do this on a Mac, not a PC? I have Powerpoint 2011 updated to 14.6.6
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Even zipped it is too big. What kind of tech support company has a 5 MB attachment limit? 5 MB is punt, tiny, minuscule in a world a $15 1 GB thumb drives. Please get your management to raise this limit to something like 100 MB. You will need to use the Dropbox link.The music is supposed to start on Slide 11 and stop on Slide 14.

It s a huge zip file . Having 67 MB size. How many slides does this presentation has. For which slides do you want to audio .

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Meant to say PUNY not PUNT.

Yes, You can suggest it to JustAnswer. But generally we do not send big files via chat box.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK, can you download from the Dropbox link? It is a 70 MB file.

For which slides do you need an audio ? Yes I have started downloading it.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
You'll see whan you play the slide show. Starts on Slide 11 (this works fine) but it needs to stop on Slide 14.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It won't stop.

ok

Please see the attached document. Please follow the instruction as shown in it and let me know if you face any problem in it.

I am going to bed now. It is getting too late for me now. It is 1:30 AM here in India. Please leave your message if you have any. I will reply back to you as soon as I see it.

Once you are done, Please provide your rating to my service.

Bye ,See you.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions

Were you able to apply those setting at your end & stop music after 14th slide ?

any luck ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I was not able to retrieve the document you attached. I do not think you formatted the link correctly.However, I finally figured it out on my own in the Re-Order function. There is a menu that was closed at the very bottom that allows stopping the music after X slides. So it starts with an animation and then it stop using reorder. Too bad Powerpoint can't do fade outs of the audio.

Glad that it is resolved. I checked the link again and it is working. Would you like to rate me for my services ?

There ?