Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years

I bought a new HP desktop with windows 10 installed. I also

Customer Question

I bought a new HP desktop with windows 10 installed. I also have a laptop that came with Windows 8.1 that I upgraded to Windows 10. My previous version on Windows was Vista. I have a lot of info stored on a exterior hard drive. I can open any document from the hard drive on the laptop fine but when I do the same thing with the desktop the documents are encrypted and of course unreadable. Is the an app or something I can get to fix this problem? GARY
Category: Software
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 3 months ago.

I will be the person helping you today.

I can help you in one of two ways:
1) We will communicate back and forth on this page.
2) Remote support, which would allow me to take a look at the problem and fix it for you while you watch.

In my experiences, remote support saves a lot of time for everybody and is safer because if instructions are not followed correctly, it may make the problem worse or create a new problem.

As a side note, both options are covered by a 100% guarantee and fully refundable, if we are not able to fix your problem.

If you wish to choose the first option, please let me know so we can begin. If you wish to choose the second, better option, then click the Accept this Offer button for Secure Remote Assistance.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I thought I was being connected to Microsoft. I am not interested joining anything. I just want answers to this one problem. I will seek the answer elsewhere. GARY

I am here to help you with the one answer. You can ignore any offers that you are given.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do not want remote access to this computer. Just disregard my problem and do not charge my credit card. GARY