Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

We had to reload medisoft v17 on a new desktop. the office

Customer Question

we had to reload medisoft v17 on a new desktop. the office hours component will not load. The back up files are on a NAS drive.
Category: Software
Expert:  Jess M. replied 5 months ago.

Hi Elaine, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you using Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10?

Also, what exactly is the error message that you are getting when reinstalling fails?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We are using windows 10. The error message says: tblRepeat:Error 7041: File not found. Verify the specified path and file name is ***** ***** I click OK, then it says Error in dataset
Expert:  Jess M. replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information.

Are you trying to install an upgrade of your previous installation? Or is this a clean install? (Means, the software was never installed in the computer before)

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is a clean install. the desktop it was previously on died so installing on new unit
Expert:  Jess M. replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for that information.

Are you installing using a CD or DVD installer? Or are you accessing the installer from a network drive?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
CD
Expert:  Jess M. replied 5 months ago.

Can you please tell me the exact label in the CD installer?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Medisoft Advanced Version17 Serial No 1110121411566 Registration Code 01BFC39C848D
Expert:  Jess M. replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for that information.

Can I remotely access your Windows 10 computer so that I can directly check and fix your installation issues while you watch?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can't do that right now as also using unit for other things in office.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 5 months ago.

Oh ok. I understand. Just let me know when will the computer be available for the remote session. Also, the required troubleshooting procedures can take some time as well.

If you want to perform some procedures to try without remote access, please consider these steps:

1. Check and remove all components that are already installed on your system so that the reinstall will be in a clean slate.
  2. Perform a CCleaner cleanup to ensure registry errors are not causing the problem. Here is the link for CCleaner cleanup:
    http://technicalforum.org/how-tos/how-optimize-your-windows-pc-or-mac-safer-better-and-faster-performance
  3. Try creating a NEW user account on your computer that is a Local Account (Not a Microsoft account) and then do a clean install of the program there
  4. If you are already using a local account, create a NEW user account in your Windows 10 that is a Microsoft account and then do a clean install there

Please keep me posted.

Jess