Jason Fenoglio
Jason Fenoglio, Sr. Systems Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems Engineer

I have Elements 13 installed on a windows 8 system and have

Customer Question

I have Elements 13 installed on a windows 8 system and have recently been having some problems with color printing. I may have gotten some setting messed up. Can I reinstall Elements 13 over the old system, or do I need to uninstall it first. And if I uninstall, will that have any effect on my elements organizer files? Essentially, I am trying to go back to all original settings.
Category: Software
Expert:  Jason Fenoglio replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I may be able to assist you. Go ahead and open Elements 13. Go to the Edit menu, then Preferences On the General tab, click Reset Preferences on Next Launch and Reset all Warning Dialogs then Click OK. This will reset all of your settings to the default settings.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How about my question about reinstalling?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the reset you mentioned really has nothing to do with my question about default settings for printing.

There may be an issue with the printer driver that you are using. What is the model of your printer?

Uninstalling Elements from your PC will leave behind the configuration files in the C:/Program Files/Adobe/Photoshop Elements folder. Reinstalling will correct the program system files but it will not correct the preferences files. If you want reset completely you'll need to remove the files in the directory above.

Follow the instructions on this website to backup/restore your catalogs before the overlay install or uninstall/reinstall process: