IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Dear Google, I googled my name "Vicente *" and got a lot of

Customer Question

Dear Google,
I googled my name "Vicente *" and got a lot of results, but there is one item
that I do not want to appear in the search, and it is the following item:
REYES v. COLLEGE OF SCIENCE ADMINISTRATION ROCHESTER ...
www.leagle.com/.../REYES%20v.%20COLLEGE%20OF%20SCIENCE%20ADMINI...
How can I prevent the above item from appearing in a google search (by anyone)
of my name?
Thank you very much in advance!
Category: Software
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 4 months ago.

Hi Vicente! Since the information in question appears to be a public record, it is Google's policy not to remove the search result. However, you can escalate the matter legally and attempt to obtain a court order mandating that Google remove the listing. If your legal request is successful, you can submit the court order to Google by following the instructions you'll find here:

https://support.google.com/legal/contact/lr_courtorder?product=websearch

I hope that helps!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have more questions for Mr. Eric Ewing about my original matter.
How can I continue to communicate with Mr. Ewing? Thanks in advance.
-Vicente *
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Here are my additional questions for Mr. Ewing:
1.) The website, leagle.com, contains the database where google.com found my lawsuit info
which was displayed in the google search results of my name. Should leagle.com be included
in this matter, or just the court?
2.) How do I specify to the court which item in the google search results I want removed by google?
3.) After obtaining the court order, how do I send it to google?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
in this matter, or just the court?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Mr. Eric Ewing:
You have not yet responded to my additional questions.
V. Reyes
Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional. Since it looks like the previous Expert (Mr. Eric Ewing) is not available any more, I will provide my input on this problem.

Please note that the Google search engine only indexes and provides search results based on the content that is available on the web pages. The same goes for other search engines such as Yahoo!, Bing and others.

If you would like to have certain information changed or removed from the search results, it needs to be done on the source (web page containing that information). Once it has been done, all search engines, including Google search, will re-index the web page content within several days and the information will be changed / removed permanently.

Since you don't have control over content published at leagle.com, you can first contact them and kindly ask them to remove the information from their web page. Describe the reasons why you want the information removed and wait for their response. In your message, include a link to the web page you want to be removed, which is:

http://www.leagle.com/decision/In%20FDCO%2020160212B09/REYES%20v.%20COLLEGE%20OF%20SCIENCE%20ADMINISTRATION%20ROCHESTER%20INSTITUTE%20OF%20TECHNOLOGY

To contact leagle.com, you can send an e-mail to *****@******.*** or use this contact form:

http://www.leagle.com/contact-us

However, if you get a negative response or no response at all, you can pursue legal actions.

Once that address becomes unavailable, or the documents gets removed, you don't need to send anything to Google, but only wait for the Google search engine and other search engines re-index the contents from leagle.com. The old search record will be replaced with the new one and that's it.

I hope you now understand how it works and what needs to be done. For more computer-related questions, feel free to ask; however, if you have questions about legal actions, you should consult with an attorney.

You can submit your question to attorneys at JustAnswer by using this link:

http://www.justanswer.com/legal/

Regards,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

Hello!

Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.